A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured 1952-57 by BDB (Brevetti Drusiani Bologna)
The first Comet machine rolled out of the factory doors in 1952, a 175cc DOHC parallel twin of unit construction housing a four speed gearbox delivering 10hp at 6000 rpm. This was followed in 1953 by a Comet Sport with an engine in a higher state of tune, and in 1954 a single cylinder overhead cam model joined the lineup, along with a 98cc two-speed twostroke with twistgrip-style gear change.
1955 saw the introduction of a 250cc OHV model.
The factory closed in 1957.