A Brief History of the Marque
Designed by Raymond Siran, the three and four-wheel microcars employed Ruby four cylinder engines of 904cc in the 1925 model A and 972cc OHV engines in the later model BS. The model DS had and 1097cc engine. The first model was displayed at the 1924 Paris Motor Show.
Production: 530 three-wheel A and BS machines, and 50 four wheelers.
A report on the 1924 Motor Cycle Show in Motor Sport Magazine reads, in part:
The D'Yrsan cyclecar was fully described in our last issue. It need only be stated here that it is a three-wheeled machine of unusual design, having a four-cylinder water-cooled engine, of 750 c.c. capacity, with a tubular frame, built on car lines, and having two brakes, one on the front wheels, and one on a countershaft, thus doing away with the need for removing brake connections when it is desired to get at the rear wheel. Trailers, Ltd., 73-74, Windsor House, Victoria Street, London, S.W. r.
THE D'YRSAN CYCLE CAR.
Among the models of the D'Yrsan cycle-car on view at the Motor Cycle Show will be a Shell Racer with a guaranteed speed of 70 m.p.h. and a Wing Model guaranteed to do 85 m.p.h.
The latest models have been designed by Captain Raymond Siran, who has a distinguished military record as a French artillery officer. He is now in charge of the London office at 33, Kinnerton Street, S.W.1, and attends personally to all inquiries.
We hope to review the latest model D'Yrsan in an early issue, as it appears to be a three-wheeler of exceptional merit.
Sources: Motor Sport Magazine, Wikipedia