A Brief History of the Marque
Founded by MM. Hurtu, Hautin and Diligeon in 1864 with a factory in Albert (Somme), they built motorcycles in the early 1900s. They also manufactured engines, tricycles and sewing machines. Their cycle and automobile posters from this period are quite impressive.
In 1946 a new company was formed, Compagnie Nouvelle des Cycles Hurtu, based at 104 rue Castagnary, Paris (15°). It is unclear whether this company was related to the earlier one.
1952 models were identical to those of Talbot and Radior. In 1953 the firm became part of Automoto.