A Brief History of the Marque
Taurus was a noted bicycle factory established in 1908 by Vittorio Fabri in Vanzaghello, Milan, which was acquired by MG of Modena in 1932.
The following year Taurus motorcycles were marketed which were almost identical to the MG, using single-cylinder OHV and twostroke engines of 175cc.
Later pre-war models were produced in a variety of capacities up to 500cc, some with rear suspension. There is an example of a Taurus combination with a large V-twin JAP engine but it is unclear, however, whether this engine was factory-fitted.
In 1938 they built a 498cc racing motorcycle with a DOHC head but war intervened before it achieved production.
After WWII Taurus built mopeds and motorcycles, including an OHC 175cc, an OHV 250 and a two-stroke of 160cc.
There was a Taurus Ciclomotore Cocker available in 1954. The moped had an inverted 48cc engine and was not much larger than a bicycle.
The original name for the company was Taurus Nurberg.
*Tragatsch and Henshaw give dates of 1933-1966.