Brown and Roper was a motorcycle produced in 1921.
This machine was the concept of two engineers named Messrs Brown and Roper of Salisbury, Wiltshire.
An attempt was made to produce a marketable single-track two-wheeler that was enclosed by an open car in order to offer weather protection. The basis was a 4hp sv flat-twin Douglas engine in a lengthened frame. This allowed the rider to be seated low down, in a space created between the existing saddle tube and the rear wheel. Outrigger wheels were carried on an auxiliary frame. A lever on the right could be used to lower or raise those wheels, in order to keep the machine upright when at rest. A wheel set immediately in front of the rider and connected to the fork top by tensioned long rods, provided the steering mechanism. It had a Douglas three-speed chain-cum-belt gearbox and transmission, and access to working parts was easy. It is not thought that any machines other than the prototype were ever built.