"We also noticed a motor tricycle, the "New Courier," manufactured by Messrs. CHILTON BROS. of Wolverhampton. This machine is provided with a one and a half horsepower petrol motor with electric ignition. The oil charge will last fifty miles. What is practically a Starley differential axle is used, which performs the triple duties of bearing case, axle bridge, and gear box, and the frame arrangement as a whole is very neat indeed."
From the 1898 Motor Show.