Belgian company that first produced a motor tricycle and a voiturette in 1899.
The agents in the UK were Graphic Motor and Engineering Co.
The business was then bought by a British concern, the company name was changed, and for 1904 the cars were renamed as the Baudouin after the street in which the factory was located. Also a new car was developed with a powerful 40-50hp engine, no gearbox was used, and the car was marketed as the 'Direct'.
1903. Of other well-known Continental vehicles the Graphic Motor and Engineering Company represented those of Dechamps, of which 7 and 9-h.p. twin-cylinder types, and 14 and 18-h.p. 4-cylinder types were on view.
Dechamps Motor Company (Limited).— Capital, £1,500 in
£1 shares. Object to acquire from the Graphic Motor and Engineer-
ing Company (Limited), the business, goodwill, and the right to use
the name Dechamps in connection with motors, motor cars, &c.
(From The Auto Journal of 1903, scanned by Google and available on Archive.org)