Tornado was a motorcycle produced in 1924, by Hudson and Matthews of Altrincham, Cheshire.
The company produced sidecar outfits that were popular throughout most of the 1920s. To demonstrate the capabilities of their sports models, a racing big-twin was constructed under the Tornado name. It was powered by an eight-valve Anzani 994cc V-twin engine, with twin Amac carburettors, weighing under 300lb/136kg.
Although it was used successfully at sprint events for three years, this machine remained a one-off special, as the company continued to concentrate on sidecar production.