Featured Pages Tilly Shilling, Engineer She Made the Merlins Sing
Manx 30MKrieger-Gnadig First German Shaft Drive Motorcycles
KG (EN & ES)Humber WC HO Twins Advanced Machines of Edwardian Era
Lagonda motorcycles were produced in Staines, Middlesex, from 1902 to 1907, before the company became famous for car manufacture.
1902 The firm started out by building tricycles, before moving on to motorcycles.
1903 They used their own engine on a machine of 2.75-hp. It was hung from the frame downdube and was of conventional design.
1904-1905 A forecar was offered, fitted with a 5-hp engine, inclined in the frame, driving the rear wheel through clutch, two-speed gear and chains. The solo model increased its engine size to 3.5-hp and a 4.5-hp model was also listed.
1906 The 3.5-hp model had an inclined engine and leading-link forks, but retained direct-belt drive.
1907 Production of motorcycles continued for that year, but then turned to automobiles.