Massey-Arran were motorcycles produced from a variety of premises in Birmingham, between 1920 and 1924.
1920 The make started out with a 292cc sv JAP powered design, with a choice of either touring or sports trim. These well-made machines had Arden or Brampton forks, CAV magnetos and two-speed Sturmey-Archer chain-cum-belt transmission; the sports version had a straight-through exhaust pipe.
1921 A 677cc sv V-twin JAP model appeared. This had a saddle-style toolbox in place of the usual rear carrier.
1922 Only 350cc machines were produced, with either Blackburne or JAP engines. During the year E. J. Massey left the company to set up Massey and things became somewhat unsettled.
1923 By the middle of the year things were looking pretty grim, and it was advised that, in future, spares would be available through Messrs. Hobbis Bros., who made the Triplette machines.
1924 During the year, attempts were made to restart the production of complete machines. This was from premises in Smethwick and as a re-organized company. The venture was not successful.