Featured Pages Tilly Shilling, Engineer She Made the Merlins Sing
Manx 30MKrieger-Gnadig First German Shaft Drive Motorcycles
KG (EN & ES)Humber WC HO Twins Advanced Machines of Edwardian Era
Mead Cycles of Paradise Street, Liverpool and of Birmingham.
Mead were motorcycles produced from 1911 to 1915 and from 1922 to 1924 for them probably made for them by Premier of Coventry.
1911-1913 The machines were produced in very small numbers and did not appear at any of the early shows, or on any lists. They were fitted with a 3.5hp Precision engine.
1914 A larger range appeared, all fitted with Precision engines. These were 2.5hp, 3.75hp and 4.25hp singles, plus 6hp and 8hp V-twins, and all had a variety of transmission options ranging from direct-belt drive to geabox and chain-cum-belt. A lightweight was later added, using a 2hp, 170cc Precision engine with in-built two-speed gear, belt drive and Druid forks.
1915 Production continued into that year and then stopped.
Post-War, they also had an address in Birmingham as well as Liverpool.
1922-1924 The name returned as an assembler of machines that were typical of the period. They used 1.75hp, 2.75hp and 3.75hp engines from Precision and Wall, and the usual Villiers two-stroke single.