MorrisThe Morris Motor Company of Cowley, Oxford was a British manufacturer of cars and lorries. After the incorporation of the company into larger corporations, the Morris name remained in use as a marque until 1984. Motorcycles were also produced from 1902 to 1905.
- 1902-1905 Having started out as a cycle agent based in George Street, Oxford, William Morris gradually turned his attention from bicycles to motorcycles, and then to cars.
- He began using 2.75hp De Dion and MMC engines of primitive type with belt drive. The engine was set upright in the frame that was formed to run under and round the crankcase.
- He later used chain drive and a clutch, listed as a forecar, and used MMC engines only.