Midget Bicar were motorcycles produced from 1905 to 1909, by J. T. Brown of Oxford Road, Reading.
1905 The machine was first exhibited at the late Stanley show. It was different from most others of the era in that the frame and tank were constructed of sheet steel. Only the braced front forks, handlebars and headstock were made of tubing. All the frame joints were riveted and the outline was one of a normal frame with enclosed sides, except for the 3hp Fafnir engine. The machine was long and low with footboards and a prop stand on each side. There were no pedals. Some versions had a foot-controlled free-engine clutch and the battery tray could be hinged out for servicing.
1908 The design had been licensed to the American Walton firm, who used V-twin engines from one of their local suppliers. It continued to be offered in the UK with a choice of 3.5hp single or 5hp V-twin engine.
1909 A two-speed option was added.
1910 Machines were fitted with 3.5hp or 4.25hp Fafnir engines and Druid forks.
1911 They used a 3.5hp Precision engine with a 4.5hp listed for sidecar work.
1912 The smaller, 4.5hp engine, was used on a ladies' model and there was also a 2.5hp lightweight machine. After that, all listings disappeared.