Featured Pages Tilly Shilling, Engineer She Made the Merlins Sing
Manx 30MKrieger-Gnadig First German Shaft Drive Motorcycles
KG (EN & ES)Humber WC HO Twins Advanced Machines of Edwardian Era
The company started manufacturing horizontally opposed engines in 1904
and in 1906 one powered the first monoplane, the Weaver Ornithoplane, to
fly in Britain. It was designed by W. A. Weaver, one of the partners in
the company. Later they supplied engines to many motor cycle and cyclecar
makers, especially Grahame-White.
1917 Advert for universal and cutter grinding machines as Morton and
1919 Advert for universal and cutter grinding machines as Morton and
Between 1919 and 1930 Coventry-Victor,
using their 688 cc flat twin engine, started making motor cycle and sidecar
combinations many of which were used as commercial outfits.
By 1926, the company found a new scope of activity: they launched their
own design two seater, three-wheeler car with the single wheel at the rear.
There were four versions, the Standard, the Sports, the De-luxe and the
Parcelcar with prices starting at £75. It used their own horizontal
twin cylinder engines of 688 cc at first, later enlarged to 749 cc, 850
cc and finally 998 cc. Drive was to the rear wheel via a two speed gearbox
and chain drive. Early cars had a single brake. There was an updating in
1932 with styling by C. F. Beauvais and called the Luxury Sports with three
speed gearbox and costing from £110. The previous models remained
available. Car production survived until 1938.
After World War II, a prototype codenamed Venus was made with flat four
747 cc engine never reached production. Instead the company concentrated
on small diesel engines for the maritime market.
The company still exists as A. N. Weaver (Coventry Victor) Ltd.