Lincoln Elk were motorcycles produced by James Kirby, at Broadgate, Lincoln, from 1902 to 1925.
1905 The model now had a 2.24hp engine fitted into a loop frame with braced forks and belt drive. Following on from that, the firm made their own engines of 3hp and 3.5hp and also used Druid forks.
1912 An ingenious two-speed gear appeared. This had a chain-driven counter-shaft with two clutches, one on either side of the machine, to engage either a belt drive to the rear wheel, or a chain, and thus giving two ratios.
1914-1916 A 6hp V-twin was added, to join 2.25hp and 4.25hp singles.
Post-War. There were three sv models: singles of 349cc and 597cc, and a 771cc V-twin that ran on until 1925.
1922 The smallest model had the option of a direct-belt drive.
1924 All three models had all-chain drive.
1925 With James Kirby now well into his eighties, production came to an end.