A Brief History of the Marque
Alba-Werke GmbH, Stettin-Möhringen 21, Pasewalker Kunstst 1, 1919-1924
The ALBA brand name is derived from the initials of its founder, Albert Baruch.
Built in Germany from 1919 to 1924 using four-stroke 198, 247, and 249cc engines of their own construction. These engines were used by Teco, Huy, Mazzucchelli and other manufacturers, and were also installed in a three wheeled van.
Manufacture ceased around 1924, but spare parts were produced by Albert's son Manfred well into the 1930s.
The following unverified extract is from the JF archive:
There was also an Italian marque slightly later in the 1920s, l'Alba.
1. Now Poland
Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.