Featured Pages Tilly Shilling, Engineer She Made the Merlins Sing
Manx 30MKrieger-Gnadig First German Shaft Drive Motorcycles
KG (EN & ES)Humber WC HO Twins Advanced Machines of Edwardian Era
H. R. Backhouse and Co
H. R. Backhouse and Co of Tyseley, Birmingham.
1923-4 New Coulson were motorcycles produced between 1923 and 1924.
It was the successor to the Coulson
Production continued with models fitted with 348cc and 545cc Blackburne
engines, and the Coulson spring frame. There was also a 269cc Liberty two-stroke
without rear suspension.
In the spring of 1924 another unsprung sports model appeared. This had
a 349cc ohv Bradshaw oil-cooled
engine, Druid forks and three-speed
Burman gearbox. The venture did
not succeed beyond that year.