The choice of belt or chain drive was offered to customers, and the range comprised a 2¼ hp single and a 4hp V-twin, plus a forecar.
There was talk of a five-speed gear and free-engine metal-to-metal clutch, but the slump in trade soon put an end to the make.
It is very likely that Hutton's Princeps was based on the Werner, and a comparison of images of the two marques lends considerable credence to this.
This page indicates that the brothers E.H. and Frank Hadfield Arnott worked on the developing the Princeps at Hutton in 1902: Arnott
In 1906 the address for J. E. Hutton was 81-83 Shaftsbury Avenue, London. After the firm's closure he went on to become the director of Ariel Motors
Report from the Stanley Show 1902
The engine drives either by belting (Lincona) or by chain gear. This firm is also showing a twin engine of 4 h.p., fitted vertically in a similar manner to the single engine, with the advantage of its occupying no more space than the single type. It also shows an expanding form of a motor pulley of the V type. By pressing together of the sides of the V the belt is forced outwards, thus giving an increased speed of some 25 per cent. as a maximum; it also gives a free engine. In the chain-driven type a spring compensating wheel is used to take up the jar of starting and a friction clutch to give a free engine. The inlet valves are either fitted to work mechanically or automatically, according to the desire of the purchaser.
Motor Cycling, 26th November 1902
Graces Guide, et al.