1977 Speedway World Championship Final-winning Jawa DOHC 4-Valve

Home Forums European Motorcycles Jawa CZ 1977 Speedway World Championship Final-winning Jawa DOHC 4-Valve

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jakebarrell
    Participant

Recalling the winning moment Ivan says, “This time I made a dream start in the re-run and the four laps were almost a formality. Once I was gone not even Olsen or Lee would make any impression on me. Coming off the last corner, I saluted the crowd and felt the emotion wash over me.” His fifth title helped him equal fellow Speedway Racing stalwart Ove Fundin and added another feather to his hat, which he later outdid and recorded his sixth Speedway world title in 1979, again aboard a factory Jawa racing machine. This machine here is a rolling chassis of the Jawa Speedway racer from 1977 supplied to Ivan by the Jawa Company. The engine, internally code-numbered ‘153’, is from one of the five units built by Jawa in September 1976 for the Longtrack Racing Finals. This masterpiece is a must-have in a collector’s fleet and can be sought at the BONHAM’S AUTUMN STAFFORD SALE.

That’s not it though, for this beauty comes along with a selection of memorabilia from its racing heritage in the seventies including trophies, awards, a Longtrack ‘Golden Helmet’, a bike cover with Ivan Mauger stitching on it and several other paraphernalia from the glory days. Images via Bonhams]

Read the Full Story Here

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.