A Brief History of the Marque
Ets Faizant fils et Cie
4 Rue Hoche, Colombes (Seine)
A.G.F. is an acronym for Andre and and his father George Faizant.
Based in Colombes they produced their first scooter in 1947 and continued with motorcycles from that year until 1958. Their machines were fitted with Ydral engines of 125 and 175 cm3 and had 17in wheels along with fully enclosed chains and cantilever rear suspension.
Colour was usually bright red.
Mopeds were built from 1951 until 1957 using engines from Cucciolo, Le Poulain and SER.
There was a relationship with both Guiller and Lucer of Hazebrouk.
Racing success at the Bol d'Or of 1954 was repeated in 1955
Machines built from 1952 to 1954 were branded Faizant prior to the merger with Guiller.
Sources: Club Ydral, ottw.es
Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.