A Brief History of the Marque
Made in England from 1922 to 1925, these lightweight motorcycles had a 142cc two-stroke single-cyclinder engine with two or three-speed gearbox and belt drive to the rear wheel.
Aston Co. of Witton Lane Birmingham
The machines were built and originally sold as the Atlas. It was a lightweight 145cc two-stroke single. Simple in construction, it had transmission options of two or three speed with belt or chain drive and a rocking front fork. With the down-turn in trade in the mid-1920s, the name vanished.
1921 These small and lightweight motorcycles were first seen. They were fitted with a 143cc two-stroke engine, a front Amac or Wex carburettor, rear-mounted CAV magneto and large external flywheel. The gearbox was either counter-shaft or an Albion two-speed. With an optional clutch, the simple frame was fitted with rocking forks.
1923 The company tried badge engineering by changing the marque name on the tank to their own Aston name, but this failed to help sales.
1924 The best model had three speeds and all-chain drive.
1925 They went back to producing their original models, and this was the final year of production.