A firm in in Piacenza established by Leonardo Fiorani who partnered with Arduino Castelli, using the letters of their surnames for the name of the marque.
Their first machine was the OHV 175cc Turismo with a three speed gearbox and girder-style forks.
This was followed by an OHC competition machine which ran on alcohol and was fitted with a four-speed gearbox, achieving very respectable speeds.
By 1931 they had three models available, Turismo, Sport and Super Sport, and a 250cc version appeared the following year. In 1935 a 500cc SV twin appeared with a 4 speed box.
The factory survived the first years of the war, but closed in 1942.
CF engines were used in Ottino and Fusi motorcycles, among others, and Fusi bought the business shortly before WWII. After the war it appears Fusi built attractive 50cc machines under the CF marque, powered by Minarelli. Models included the Junior GT and GTS.
*Notes: Other sources give different dates including 1928-39.
Sources: Henshaw, Mick Walker, Euro Spares, motoclubstoricoconti.it et al.
Mick Walker's "Italian Motorcycles" has a short entry (no pictures, alas) on the CF marque:
Before the war CF (named after its designers Catelli and Fiorani) garnered much success in Italian racing circles with its fleet of 173 and 248cc overhead cam singles. The factory was bought out in 1937 by Ing. Fusi, who had close ties with the Belgian FN marque. Post-war CF built smaller two-stroke models, but never recaptured its prewar prominence.
Euro Spares, SF CA
Distributor of Lucas RITA and Powerbase products
Sole North American distributor of "The Racing Motorcycle: a technical guide for constructors" Host of 5 m/c email lists (details at eurospares.com)