Baughan were motorcycles produced in 1921 and from 1930 to 1936.
The company also produced light cars.
The company was based at Lower Street, Stroud, Gloucestershire and owned
by H. P. Baughan.
1921 A light cyclecar was tested. It had a single rear wheel driven by
a chain from a three-speed Sturmey-Archer
gearbox, powered by an 8hp sv Blackburne
V-twin that was set across the frame. The simple bodywork incorporated
a dickey seat, for occasional use by a second passenger. It is unlikely
that the design got much further than the drawing-board.
There was a gap of nearly a decade during which time Baughan became
prominent as a driver in sidecar trials. He later became involved with
1930-1936 Baughan's outfits had the sidecar wheel-driven and he
started to build machines to order - at the rate of about one per month.
He also built solos and his models had engines ranging from 250cc to 500cc,
with sv or ohv, and came from Blackburne,