British Standard of Aston and then in Newton Row, Birmingham
The company produces motorcycles from 1919 to about 1925.
1919 The marque made its debut as a 269cc two-stroke single with direct-belt drive.
1920 That model continued with the addition of a simple two-speed model with the option of a clutch and kick-start.
1921 Following modest expansion, the company moved from Aston to Newton Row. Various two-stroke models were produced including a sidecar version, plus some with bigger sv four-stroke Blackburne engines.
1922 A model was listed with a 348cc ohv Blackburne engine.
1923 That model was replaced by a 349cc ohv Bradshaw oil-cooled engine with all-chain drive. There were also two two-stroke models with two-speed gearboxes.
1924 Four models were still listed.
1925 This was the last year of listings, as falling sales saw thirty of the 348cc sv BlackburneBritish Standard motorcycles advertised at clearance prices.