1896 The company was registered on 29 August, to acquire the business of
1896/7 Directory: Listed under cycles.
Calcott were motorcycles and cars produced from 1910 to 1915.
1910 The first well-designed model reached the market. It was fitted with
a 3.5hp White and
Poppe engine, belt drive and Druid
1910 Stanley Show Calcott Bros., Ltd. Coventry. Stand No. 59.
Two motor-bicycles, priced at 45 - guineas and £32 respectively, will be staged here. The 3 1/2 H.P. Calcott carries the following specification The engine is a White and Poppe with 85 mm, bore and 85 mm. stroke, rated at 4.5 H.P. The frame is built very low and exceptionally strong. The front rim brake is actuated by inverted lever, the back foot brake acting on the belt drum operated from the frame; the forks possess the Druid patent spring; the wheels are 26in. by extra strong, fitted with Dunlop rubber-studded non-skid tyres. A very strong and light, tubular carrier is attached, as well as a stand fixed on the chain stays. The light-weight Calcott has a 1 H.P. single-cylinder with 62 by 70 mm. bore and stroke; Bosch high-tension magneto; Druid spring forks; Lycett saddle, and Dufaux carburetter is fitted.
1911 They added a 1.5hp model with an inclined engine mounted in a loop
frame, with belt drive and sprung forks.
1912 The range comprised a 2.25hp, 237cc lightweight; later joined by a
stretched 2.5hp, 292cc model.
1913 Both those models continued. Some used their own 249 / 292cc engine.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices see the 1917 Red Book
1914 The 2.25hp model was still listed together with a 2hp model fitted
with a 170cc Precision engine
that had ohv set horizontal to the cylinder, a two-speed gearbox built
in-unit with the crankcase, belt final-drive and Druid
1915 Only the 2.25hp model was listed. It was the last year of production.
1919 January. Advert for the Classic Light Car by Calcott Brothers of Coventry.