Featured Pages Tilly Shilling, Engineer She Made the Merlins Sing
Manx 30MKrieger-Gnadig First German Shaft Drive Motorcycles
KG (EN & ES)Humber WC HO Twins Advanced Machines of Edwardian Era
Olympic were motorcycles produced from 1902 to 1905 and from 1919 to 1923, in Wolverhampton.
1880s The name was first used by a bicycle maker named Frank. H. Parkyn, of Green Lane, who moved to a factory in Granville Street factory shortly after the turn of the century..
1903 The first conventional motorcycles appeared, powered by 2.75hp MMC engines.
Few machines were made and production soon stopped.
1919 The name returned shortly after WWI when the Granville Street works built a range of good-quality models. The first machine was powered by a Verus 268c.c., two-stroke engine. It had a two-speed gearbox, was fitted with a belt drive, and sold for £80. A selection of engines was used from Villiers, Blackburne, Verus or Orbit. The frame was designed to suit these engines and there was a patent swinging gearbox mounting, which allowed for simple adjustment of the transmission.
1920 The Olympic model for that year was powered by a 2.86hp, 261.5cc, two-stroke engine, and included an Amac carburettor, Gosport spring forks and was finished in black enamel with gold lining. The single speed version sold for £65 and the two-speed version was priced at £77. A two-speed machine with kick start was available for £84 and a three-speed version with kick start cost £90.
1923 As trade dwindled, the make disappeared.
Note: The firm also produced the New Courier marque for the lower end of the market, but that also ceased in the same year.