Featured Pages Tilly Shilling, Engineer She Made the Merlins Sing
Manx 30MKrieger-Gnadig First German Shaft Drive Motorcycles
KG (EN & ES)Humber WC HO Twins Advanced Machines of Edwardian Era
Albion Motor Co
The Albion Motor Company of Scotstoun,
Glasgow was a manufacturer of cars and commercial vehicles but were best known
in the motorcycling world for their gearboxes.
1899 / 1901 The company was formed by T. Blackwood-Murray and N. O. Fulton
(late of Arrol-Johnston) at Bathgate.
1902 Became a private company.
1904 The company moved to a large factory at Scotstoun.
1907 J. F. Henderson is Joint MD.
1914 Became a public company.
1944 Producing the four-cylinder (68 bhp) and six-cylinder (102 bhp) diesel
1951 Acquired by Leyland.
1972 The Albion name was discontinued.
Albion gearboxes were fitted to Ancora (Italy), Aston, Calthorpe, Carfield, Cotton, Coventry-Eagle, Dot, Elfson, Greeves, Hailstones and Ravenhall, Haden Precision, Lily, McKenzie, Metro-Tyler, Priest-JAP, Priory, Radco, Rex-Acme, Ruby, Saxelby, Spur, Sun, Talbot, Triplette, Triumph Gloria, Weatherell, Whitworth and many other British motorcycles.