Omega were motorcycles produced from 1914 to 1927, by the works
of W. J. Green and Co, at Croft Road, Coventry.
1914 The first machine appeared as a 3hp 336cc two-stroke model, with a
two-speed Toroga gearbox, chain-cum-belt drive, chain-driven U.H.
magneto, petroil lubrication and Druid
Post-War. The model was soon joined by others but the firm concentrated
on a 292cc sv JAP-engined
lightweight in three forms of transmission choice.
1921 After a move to larger premises allowed an increase in production,
a 545cc sv Blackburne
1922 An all-weather machine was offered, as a 348cc two-stroke with widely
splayed duplex tube frame and new spring forks of low unsprung weight.
The engine of that model was also available in a machine with a more conventional
outline, as were other lightweights of various engine capacity of sv V-twin
engines, and single speed or Sturmey-Archer
1923 The only JAP
to be continued was the 293cc model, along with the 348cc two-stroke -
both in various forms. These were then joined by a 170cc two-stroke miniature
with forward-sloping engine in a loop frame and with two speeds.
1924 The range expanded with the addition of Blackburne and Barr and Stroud
sports models, plus a Ladies' Model variant of the 170cc miniature.
1925 All except a 248cc Blackburne
went forward into that year, and sv and ohv JAP
models were added.
1926 The preferred engine had become the JAP,
and the 348cc two-stroke and Barr
and Stroud models were dropped. A natty little three-wheeler was introduced,
with two front and one rear wheel, and was available in either sports or
family versions. It was heavily promoted and may well have put a financial
strain on the company.
1927 A 677cc sv V-twin was re-introduced. All the JAP-engined
singles, the 170cc miniature and the four-strokes ran on. The latter were
quite chunky in appearance, in short wheel-base frames with internal expanding-drum
brakes. It was the firm's final year, then they totally withdrew from the