Regent built motorcycles between 1919 and 1920, from the idea of a number of ex-servicemen who got together with the intention of producing a marque in quantity.
The design was based on an engine and frameset sold by Morton and Weaver of Coventry. It incorporated the 689cc Coventry-Victor engine with a revised frame, thus making it exclusive to Regent. Fitted with a three-speed Sturmey-Archer gearbox, models for solo or sidecar use were planned.
The London-based company announced that it would build approximately 3,000 motorcycles in 1920 alone. There was much publicity but only a few examples are thought to have resulted from the project.