A Brief History of the Marque
A.P.E. was founded in 1923 by Ermanno Agostinelli of San Michele al Fiume, and Luigi Perone of Mondavio (PU). The light motorcycles were fitted with two-strokes engines from Traln of France.
The first machines were sports and tourist models which were very similar. These were somwhat developed in 1924 but by 1925 they had vanished from the marketplace.
Sources: MC Storico Conti