emu
Italian Motorcycles

Coven Mopeds

A Brief History of the Italian Marque

In the early 1930s Giovanni Coven opened a cycling shop in the center of Pavia.

At the end of the decade he and his son Cesare occupied the workshop of Guido Callegari where they built The Rover bicycle.

The cycling activity proceeds successfully and expands, employing the whole Coven family.

In the immediate post-war period the management of the company was taken over by the youngest of the family, Cherubino. The firm became a representative for Garelli, and began producing motorised bicycles using the Mosquito engine.

The chassis, with a curved frame, was patented and the moped was presented at the Milan Fair of 1947.

After the era of auxiliary engines, Cherubino Coven returned to building bicycles.

Source: Moto di Lombardia



If you have a query or information about these vintage Italian machines please contact us


Euromaidan Press
Verified ways to Help Ukraine
A list of over 30 legitimate organizations which accept donations.
Euromaidan Press