Manufactured by Gebr. Spiegler, Motorfahrzeugfabrik of Aalen in Württemberg, from c.1922 to 1926.
The Spiegler brothers built three motorcycles: a 125cc HO twin mounted longitudinally, high in the frame, another HO twin set low, Douglas fashion, and a 350cc single. Both engines were manufactured in-house.
The name of the motorcycle was changed to Spiegler in 1923 or 1926 (sources vary).
There was another motorcycle using the name Schwalbe built in Switzerland, and a Simson scooter from East Germany is frequently referred to as simply "Schwalbe".