A Brief History of the Marque
Established in the 1920s as Società Italiana Applicazioni Tecniche Auto-Aviatorie and trading as Societè Italiana Applicazioni Tecniche Automobilistiche, the Torino firm built a 48cc motorcycle with overhead valves called Cucciolo, which had great success since 1947 and was also produced by Ducati.
From 1952 they produced a series of complete mopeds with Cucciolo engines and a 160cc four-speed two-stroke model named the Dinghy. The engine for the Dinghy was built by SIATA. There may also have been a 100cc machine.
In later years the company produced sports cars with bodies by the likes of Bertone which today are highly collectible.
Sources: MC Storico Conti, et al.