Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
Manufactured in Barcelona from 1953 until the late 1960s
Hispano Villiers S.A. was established under license from The Villiers Engineering Company Ltd in 1951. For the first two years the firm imported engines from England, with local production of the 10m engine beginning in 1953. Prior to this, Harry Walker SA had imported Villiers engines.
Many firms fitted these two-strokes, including Cofersa, Cremsa, Elig, Biscúter, Clúa, RMH, ROA, and Rovena. Demand for the engines was high, with annual production topping 60,000.
When the microcar market boomed with advent of the Seat 600, Citroën 2CV and Renault 4, the motorcycle sector collapsed and Hispano Villiers ceased production.
Early in the 1970s the company name was changed to Hispano Motor SA and an arrangement was struck with Lombardini to build their engines under license in a new factory in Rubí, Vallés Occidental. This continued until the late 1980s.
Sources: Wikipedia, et al
If you have a query or information about these motorcycles please contact us