A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured by Amo-Motoren-Gesellschaft mbH, Berlin-Schöneberg, 1950-1954.
These were bicycle attachment engines. (Hilfsmotoren or Fahrradmotor).
Distributed in Sweden by Aktiebolaget FACO Valhallavägen 75 Stockholm as the "amo cykelmotor"
Amo engines were used by a number of other powered bicycle builders including Brage of Hedemora, Meyfa Teddy of Berlin-Reinickendorf and Mustad of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Under the TX brand an ancestor of the company, Westendarp & Pieper, built a 146cc twostroke from 1921 to 1924. They were belt-driven with rim brakes and a very short exhaust which ended in front of the crankcase. See TX
The company also built 50cc two-stroke mopeds which in 1951 were named the "Amoped" and another around the same time named Amoretto.
There was an unrelated AMO company in Munich in the 1920s. See Disambiguation
Sources: Tragatsch p74, GTU, mo-ped.se, motor-lit-berlin.de.