A Brief History of the Marque
Address: St. Antica Cavoretto, 25, Torino
Mario Barbiero established a motorcycle workshop in Sicily in 1959, later moving to Torino where he was joined by his brother Giuseppe.
In 1976 the Barbiero brothers began building off-road machines powered by 50cc Sachs and 125cc Hiro engines in a chassis which used an innovative rear suspension system with cantilever swingarm.
There was also a 250cc machine, reportedly. The Barbiero achieved considerable success and the motocrossers were well respected, in particular for their exceptional handling.
With mounting production costs and increased competition from the Japanese, production ceased in 1981. The company continues to operate to this day.
Sources: Period advertising, mangiapolvereoldirtbike.blogspot.com
Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.