A Brief History of the Marque
Founded in 1921 by Rudolf Heßler, in 1923 Dihl Motoren G.m.b.H. of Berlin produced a 269 cc motorcycle of 3 hp with a two-speed gearbox, with neutral and kick starter. The machine had very good weather and road grime protection for the rider, and the 1924 model had chain final drive. That year it was discontinued.
Heßler also developed a crude oil two-stroke twin-cylinder 4 PS marine engine.
Located in Boedikerstraße in the Friedrichshain district, in 1924 the company name was changed to “Minerva Kraftfahrzeugvertriebs AG”.
Sources: GTU Oldtimerservice, Rudolph, W. Bootsmotorenbau in Berlin (bis 1945), Tragatsch p115.