A Brief History of the Italian Marque
Officine Meccaniche Fratelli Molteni di Erba Incino, impiegano per le loro
moto dei telai in alluminio equipaggiati con motori da 350cc forniti principalmente
dalla svizzera MAG o dalla britannica Bradshaw.
La sigla con cui vengono commercializzate le moto consiste in tre M sovrapposte a significare Moto Molteni MAG.
Officine Meccaniche Fratelli Molteni in Erba, near Como, built motorcycles using an aluminium alloy frame fitted with 350cc and 500cc engines sourced from MAG of Switzerland and Bradshaw (GB). The forks and guards were also of alloy, apparently.
One of their logos consisted of three superimposed letters M representing Moto Molteni MAG. Postwar, the logo was a simple FM, with the right leg of the M rounded below.
After a hiatus of over 20 years, in 1950 production resumed at a new location, in Milan, with an alloy-framed 125cc scooter, the three-speed T.50 with handlebar gearchange and chain drive. A second model, the T.52 was similar but with improved styling and performance.
If you have a query or information about these vintage Italian machines please contact us