Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured by V. e G. Mello (1), 1931-1948
The brothers Giuseppe and Albino Mello built their first motorcycle in 1931, in Valle Mosso (Biella), using JAP 250cc engines. Later models used Rudge and Mercury engines of 350 and 500cc. During the war they suspended motorcycle production, surviving as a manufacturer of bicycles.
Both brothers were keen sportsmen, with Albino winning the arduous Biella-Oropa, the Fossano in 1938, and the Como 500 class in 37 and 38.
Immediately after the war they used war surplus from their warehouses to assemble motorcycles fitted with Triumph engines and gearboxes.
There is also mention of a 175cc engine with dual exhausts and a three-speed gearbox.
In total Mello built around 145 motorcycles of various displacements.
A book on the marque was published in 2002:
La Moto Mello, by Maurizio Mello and Germano Scargiali.
Notes. 1. Vittorio was a cousin of the two brothers, and part of the enterprise.
Sources: MC Storico Conti biellaclub.it/MotoMello/, et al.