A Brief History of the Marque
A very limited number of Roper machines was made in Dudley Road, Wolverhampton between 1901 and 1905. Mostly the company produced gears and engine parts which were supplied to other motorcycle companies including Sunbeam.
Their address has also been listed as Curzon Street, and later they moved to Upper Villiers St.
The company had no association with the American Sylvester Roper who is widely believed to have invented the motor cycle in 1868 or 1869.
Sources: historywebsite.co.uk, Graces Guide