Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
A Brief History of the Marque
Steppke auxiliary motors were built in East Berlin at the VEB Werkzeugmaschinenfabrik Treptow (Treptow Machine Tools) factory, and produced an engine similar in concept to that of the Velosolex and Mosquito. The cyclemotor powered bicycles by way of a roller in direct contact with the rear tyre. It was a horizontal two-stroke mounted below the pedal crank.
Around 30,000 of these 38.5cc engines were produced between 1954 and 1956.