Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
The firm produced a machine with a Minerva 2½ hp engine hung from the downtube, belt drive and typical cycle parts. Although built by Coxeter it was sold as The Abingdon. Coxeter ran Oxford New Road Garage in 1905, and advertised Renault and Swift automobiles in 1909 with addresses in Westminster and Oxford.
See also Abingdon
1. "The East London Rubber Company chose the 'Kerry' name for motorcycles manufactured on its behalf by the Belgian Sarolea concern, using re-branded Kelecom and FN engines, from 1902 to 1906 before merging its motorcycle interests with those of Abingdon-Ecco (formerly Coxeter & Sons) in 1907." ~ Bonhams
2. "The assembly of the Kerry motorcycle was switched from East London to Coxeters in Abingdon in the early 1900s and became the Kerry-Abingdon... Production moved to Birmingham at the outbreak of the First World War. (Abingdon Herald 24.07.2003)" ~ abingdonblog.co.uk
Source: Graces Guide
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us