A. C. Davison of Viaduct Works, Coventry produced motorcycles from 1902 to 1908. The machines were primitive and were fitted with 2hp and 2¾ hp Simms or 2hp Minerva engines. The 1904 model had both petrol and oil gauges.
Report from the 1903 Stanley Show
A. C. Davison, 366, Camden Road, London, N., and Viaduct Works, Coventry, will exhibit at the Stanley 2 and 2.75 h.p. Davison motor-bicycles. The special features of these machines being magneto ignition and a new system of handlebar control, by which two or more levers can be conveniently operated by the thumb of one hand. A new trussed front fork made on scientific lines will be shown, with all the members straight and directly in the lines of stress. The handlebar and ball head adjustment being independent also form a useful feature in it. The Davison self-lifting motor-bicycle stand and patented system of petrol and oil gauges will also be shown.
The Motor magazine, 18th November 1902
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us