Jehu motorcycles were produced from 1901 to 1905 in Brook Street, Holborn, London.
1903 They offered a 2hp model fitted with belt or chain drive and with or without a free engine facility. There were also 2½ hp, 2¾ hp and 3hp models. These were mainly produced as solos, but the largest also had a tandem forecar.
1904 The chain-drive transmissionn added a countershaft and clutch.
Report from the 1903 Stanley Show
The Jehu Motor Company will show at the Stanley the Jehu Trimo fitted with a 3 h.p, motor 75 by 80 mm., chain-driven, free engine clutch, two accumulators, and two-way switch. Petrol capacity 1.5 gallons. There is also an exhaust governor. Also a number of motor-bicycles fitted with both belt and chain drive.
The Motor magazine, 18th November 1902
Although the Jehu machine was a primitive and typical of the era, the mounting of the engine in a good position meant that the firm managed to survive for a few years, when many others failed.
Sources: Graces Guide, The Motor magazine.
If you have further information or a query related to this page, please contact us