A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured: ca. 1921-1935
Société Brouillier et Cie
Rue Dourdel St Genest Lerpt
Established by Jean Baptiste Brouiller in 1919, he was joined in the business by his three sons and daughter in 1921.
Motorcycles were fitted with JAP, Zenith and Blackburne engines from Britain, as well as those of their own manufacture.
Brouiller engines were all two-strokes and were built in capacities ranging from 100cc to 500cc - these were supplied to Bon Avion, Moto Montée, B & P and others.
Father and sons competed successfully in competition, and continued to race Brouiller machines after the dissolution of the company in 1935 .
There was an Italian factory in Turin which assembled Brouiller machines from 1926 to 1929, the marque also being known as Broullier
Notes. 1. Date of closure stated elsewhere is 1931.
Sources: Motos dans la Loire, et al.