A Brief History of the Marque
Manufactured: Ets. Rollet, rue de la Folie Méricourt, Paris (1925 - 1932)
The firm was established in 1897 by L Rollet, whose son began motorcycle manufacture in the mid 1920s. (1)
Tubular and monocoche style pressed-metal frames were used in conjunction with engines of 247cc to 498cc from Harrissard, Béchir & Collin, Staub-JAP, Pauvert, Voisin, LMP, LPL and possibly Chaise.
The JAP engines were French-built under licence.
After 1930, when Rollet left the firm, the marque's name was abbreviated to simply C.P.
An LMP-engined machine is in the Collection de Maurice Chapleur
Competitions: 1st place 350cc Bol d'Or 1928
See also CP Roleo History
1. Although some sources give 1927 as first year of manufacture, 1925 is most likely correct.
Sources: zhumoriste, moto-collection.org, et al