A Brief History of the Marque
1885-1886 Gottlieb Daimler, Stuttgart-Bad Cannstadt
Circa 1896 the Daimler Motor Co and the assets of the Daimler Motor Syndicate were sold or transferred to E. T. Hooley, M. D. Rucker and Harry Lawson for £35,000 and the British Motor Syndicate was formed.
At some time prior to the First World War ... Harry Woollen became designer to M. Clement-Bayard, of Paris, and on his return to this country was appointed senior draughtsman with Daimler.
In 1884 the world's first petrol-engined tricycle was patented by Edward Butler (this was a year ahead of Gottlieb Daimler in Germany)
The relationship between German Daimler and British Daimler requires clarification.
Motor Manufacturing Co of Coventry 1904 June. The company went into liquidation. Their buildings were sold to Daimler for £14,000.
1910. BSA acquired the Daimler Motor Co (1904) Ltd.
Sources: Sources: Graces Guide
If you have a query about Daimler Automotive History or have some information to add about this classic British marque, please contact us