A Brief History of the Marque
Cycles et Motocyclettes Deprez
187bis rue Armand Silvestre
Also listed as 24, Rue Meslay, Paris on period advertising.
Founded in 1895, the firm built many bicycles along with a host of accessories including acetylene headlamps, tricycles, bicycle side-cars and the like.
An advertisement from 1928 offers a 175cc two-stroke with chain drive, Terry seat and Hutchinson 650x65 tyres.
The firm was still operating around 1937 at the Courbevoie address, offering motorcycles from Terrot, Peugeot, Automoto and others, along with sidecars from Vannod, Bufflier and Bernardet. Their catalogue was extensive (80 pages) and included leather apparel, sparkplugs, speedometers, lights, levers, tyres, hub brakes and racks along with a number of Deprez bicycles. They were no longer offering motorcycles with their own brand.