A Brief History of the Marque
The company was created in Bologna in 1923 by Antonio Malaguti as a producer of bicycles, before entering the motorcycle market with commuter mopeds around 19581.
They built the Saigon 50cc scooter from 1966-1968
In the second half of the 1970s they produced some thirty models which were sold all over Europe, particularly in France.
In addition to the range of small-bore Franco Morini powered road machines they built the very successful Cavalcone 50 off-road bike. This machine had an advanced twostroke engine with radially finned head, alloy barrel, six-speed transmission, electronic ignition, gas shock absorbers and long-travel forks. Their mopeds included the 4-speed Ronco, the Fifty and the Haccapi, available with alloy or spoked wheels.
Later catalogues listed the Three-Three, the Quattrotto, and the Motorik with small wheels. The range was extended with a road model, the RTD 50, and with a renewed series of off-road models with 50cc water-cooled engines. There were also 125cc enduro models with 20hp engines.
The models were refined and improved over the decade, using engines from Yamaha and Minarelli.
In the mid-1990s the focus moved to scooters, the most successful of which was the Phantom. During this period they used Minarelli, Sachs and Yamaha engines.
Towards the end of 2011 the company announced that they were closing, which they did in early 2012.
1. Tragatsch gives 1958, others vary.