Built by Bard Cycle Manufacturing Co of Barn Street, Birmingham
Bard motorcycles were produced in 1898.
The company was a Birmingham-based cycle firm and were one of the earliest makers of motorised tricycles at the end of the nineteenth century
The Bardtricycle had a 2¼ hp De Dion engine hung out behind the rear axle in a heavy-duty frame with braced forks. The fuel tank went behind the saddle and the battery box under the top tube. The front wheel was fitted with an external-contracting band brake.